Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig...

I figure I should do a wrap-up post of my trip to England.

So the last day was relatively uneventful. We went to Windsor, but the line to the palace was too long and it was too expensive, so we wandered around trying to get rid of the pounds we hadn't spent. We bought random souvenirs and watched some cricket. I didn't get how it was played at all.

Then we attempted to return the car. It was damn hard. Even our GPS, Jane, wasn't sure how to get to the car rental place. It took us maybe an hour of driving around to find it.

The airplane ride was long and boring. I watched cartoons that only rarely held my interest and read Strangers in Paradise. I also wrote a lot. I even slept a bit towards the end.

Now I'm back and working again. I should add that I will still be updating this blog, even though I'm not away! It will probably be more stories and poems than anecdotes about my life now, though. But if you enjoyed my tales of England, you should certainly stick around!

No comments: