Monday, November 3, 2008

NaNoWriMo

Well, it's NaNoWriMo, and you know what that means! That's right, instead of just procrastinating the things I'm supposed to do, I get to procrastinate the things I want to do! I'm at 5040 words right now, but that's less impressive than I'd like it to be since my friend is at 6279. I will catch up with her and win faster than she does! Just you watch!

Anyway, I thought I'd give a bit of a rundown on my characters and such here. Cause that's how I role.

Roxie Randall: She's a senior in high school. She's not popular, but she's not unpopular either. She had the misfortune of being saved by the superhero Golden Sun, and now everyone thinks she's dating him. Over the course of two days, she's had three attempts on her life or well-being and one attack by a rabid reporter. And trust me, it's only going to get worse from here.

Golden Sun: Atroch City's resident superhero. He's strong, fast, capable of flight, and able to shoot blasts of high-intensity sunlight at people. Great if you want a tan. He wears a lot of sparkly gold spandex and he's relatively respected in the superhero community. No, we don't know who he really is. Well, I do, but I'm not telling.

Bernadine Dale: Roxie's best friend. Bernadine is sarcastic, blond, and thinks she's far cleverer than she is. She enjoys talking about sex and she's probably bisexual. I haven't decided yet.

Grant Sollare: Roxie's other best friend. He's fairly laid back compared to Bernadine and generally a nice guy.

Melissa Randall: Roxie's mom. She's nice enough, though not very attentive to her daughter. She did worry for a bit when she heard Roxie was dating a superhero, but mostly she leaves her daughter alone and her daughter leaves her alone. Except when Roxie needs money, of course.

Leslie Lempkins: A reporter for Atroch City Herald. She enjoys maliscious gossip.

Those are the characters who'll probably be big that have appeared thus far. Other folks of note:

Momentum: A speedster in the Honor Council. She's pretty cool. I don't know if I'll manage to use her or not, but I'd like to.

Goose Girl: Bernadine's favorite little-known superhero. She'll probably make at least a cameo. Her nemesis, the Fox, may also appear.

Delta: A shapeshifting alien in the Honor Council.

Visionary: The leader of the Honor Council. A master strategist and a damn good fighter. May have once worked for the government.

Brainmeats: The computer genius who coordinates and manages the Honor Council. May or may not exist.

The Mad Machinator, Dangerously Armed, Estimater: Various villains. None of whom are likely to be the main villain for the story. Though I really liked Dangerously Armed. He might make a comeback. Or maybe not. We'll see.

Rick Randall: Roxie's dad. He died when Roxie was very, very young. She barely remembers him.

Oh, and for those wondering? Yes, Momentum and Delta are the same heroes as mentioned here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Shana! That looks like a very interesting cast of characters!!! Why are you wasting time reading comments at a time like this? Shouldn't you be writing your novel?

Steph Reikine said...

Does Goose Girl juggle geese?

Shana Jean said...

XD Goose Girl is the superhero that is basically Elise. So no.